Thread: 300+ Cubs wanted at AirVenture 2012

Thumbs up 300+ Cubs wanted at AirVenture 2012

This last fall, the planning group for the 75th anniversary of the J-3 Piper Cub set a planning goal of 200 Cubs at AirVenture 2012. As of today, over 200 Cub owners are on www.cubs2oshkosh.com. Most of them are committed to the flight this summer to Oshkosh. It’s a half year away! If this is only the tip of the iceberg so to speak, I may have to call the EAA staff and tell them to make a lot more room available for Cub parking and have additional seats for the Cub dinner.

I would ask the Cub historians out there as to when over 200 Cubs gathered at one location. If the weather is good, we could easily have over three hundred Cubs or more! I might have to contact the Guinness Book of World Records.

It’s interesting reading about the Cubs and their owners on www.cubs2oshkosh.com . Many have owned their Cub since new, sixty-five to seventy five years ago. Several of the Cubs have been passed down through the generations to stay in the family. One young lady who lives overseas is coming back to the U.S. this summer to ride in a Cub with her dad to Oshkosh. A few, new to the Cub, think this will be an adventure of a lifetime that they are not going to miss.

If there is a Cub in your neighborhood that is going, think about a flight of two. Let’s all encourage every Cub owner to join with us for the flight. If you don’t own a Cub, now is the time to purchase one. If you own one, make every effort to attend. Remember, all Cubs are invited to AirVenture 2012.

Let's make it 300!

Rick Rademacher

P.S.
    Specifically, this is the 75th anniversary of the J-3 Piper Cub. However, a Cub is a Cub is a Cub. So, all Cubs, of all colors, are invited to participate. The more the merrier.
    Everyone, please feel free to participate and be a part of this historic event!

Default Re: 300+ Cubs wanted at AirVenture 2012

When I attend flying events with the Cub, I always have something to give to kids that will help them remember the name of my aircraft. If I don’t have enough Cub tattoos, I give them a Piper Cub paper model that they can build. The Cub Club supplies me with the tattoos and I print the Piper Cub on #67 cardstock using the model found on www.fiddlersgreen.net

Until 2/10, you can download the Piper Cub model for FREE. The obsolete version only requires one sheet. The new version that takes three sheets is better. At AirVenture, I want to have both the tattoos and paper Cubs available to give to thousands of kids! If this doesn’t take place at Kids Venture, it will take place near Cubs someplace on the field.

Please take advantage of this FREE offer and be prepared for many kids on this the 75th anniversary of the Piper Cub. Go to www.fiddlersgreen.net for the FREE download today and have fun this year!

Note: And for you Carbon Cub owners - have you seen the new Horizon Hobby RC Carbon Cub SS ->
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ub-ss-EFLU1180