Thread: My Sport Cub in Airport Promotional Video

Default My Sport Cub in Airport Promotional Video

A six-minute video about our municipal airport (KVUO, Pearson Field, Vancouver WA) was just released on YouTube last week. With the exception of one little typo in a caption ("Ariel Photographer") the producers did an outstanding job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2pMirqKghs
    Last edited by Pilawt; 05-21-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

Default Re: My Sport Cub in Airport Promotional Video

VERY cool video!!! Nice to see the Cub being "showcased" in a promo like this.

Fly Safe!!!

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Wow, great video, and nice job yourself Jeff! Though I live in YKM now Pearson (VUO) was my home airport for about 14 years prior so I know it well.
    Randy Lervold

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

My compliments to you and the airport people that inspired the video. I particularly liked the statement that said that a mile of runway can take you anywhere.

Nice job.

John M.

Little airports are so embattled. They are either taxed out of existence or embroiled in 'noise abatement' issues - that closing the doors is tempting.

The video touched on all the issues. It's a shame that it had to be made in the first place.

People think that flying is about rich a-holes and their hobby. Perception is everything. If you understand that, than programs like the EAA Young Eagles should be on the top of your 'giving' list. The love of flying is catchy and anyone who wants to fly will find a way. We have a generation of youth who believe the perception - that's not just a little airport problem, that's your problem as the FAA will go the way of prevailing opinion and make being in the air more difficult for YOU.

So forget the money, teach kids about airplanes and flying. Every pilot worth his salt is a teacher. Give something back.

But If you ARE the perception and are reading this, then none of this will matter. I, for one, will continue to act as if I'm impressed...you'll never know how pathetic you have become in my eyes. Earn your impression beyond money and things.
    Last edited by RanRan; 05-22-2011 at 03:36 PM.

That's awesome! Great comments on the video Jeff. Cool to see Willy and Adam (my instructor) on there too.

That photographer must have a pretty limited business if he only shoots Disney characters but I guess he makes enough to get some flying in too .

My favorite rental (the tan cub) got some good airtime too.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotmike View Post
    That photographer must have a pretty limited business if he only shoots Disney characters but I guess he makes enough to get some flying in too .
    I thought maybe he specializes in photographing the girl in the TV series Flying Wild Alaska ...
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180