Thread: Prop Cable bearing end location (Option)

Default Prop Cable bearing end location (Option)

The install manual shows the rod bearing end on the inside of the lever but this position allows the bearing rod end to contact the spring due to its diameter and position above the spring - the picture I have below shows an alternate method that allows a broader clocking position option for the bracket - The question - can this position compromise anything on the control arm? And has anyone tried this?
    thanks
    JulianIMG_3743.jpg

Default Re: Prop Cable bearing end location (Option)

I have had 2 prop cable failures on my FX-3 and I spent some time trying different governor lever indexing positions and cable adjustments. I was trying to get full governor stop to stop motion with prop cables that had much less motion than the intended 3 inches.

The governor lever is a splined fit to the governor input shaft. The indexing can be changed by half a spline pitch by removing the lever and reversing it. Reversing the lever may give you full range of motion without moving the rod end outside.

I did try the rod end outside the lever but I don't think I liked the cable and rod end alignment. Is should be possible to get stop to stop motion without interference from the spring but it does come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I have had 2 prop cable failures on my FX-3 and I spent some time trying different governor lever indexing positions and cable adjustments. I was trying to get full governor stop to stop motion with prop cables that had much less motion than the intended 3 inches.

The governor lever is a splined fit to the governor input shaft. The indexing can be changed by half a spline pitch by removing the lever and reversing it. Reversing the lever may give you full range of motion without moving the rod end outside.

I did try the rod end outside the lever but I don't think I liked the cable and rod end alignment. Is should be possible to get stop to stop motion without interference from the spring but it does come close.
    Andy - I went with the manual just clocked it over with the spline
    miles of space IMG_3751.jpg

Glad to hear you found an alignment that worked.

BTW - I noticed the position of your throttle cable in your latest image. The standard factory installation takes the throttle cable over the top of the push rod tubes. Did you route yours between the cylinders and the push rod tubes?