Thread: Configuring G3X with GTX 345R, GNC355, GTR 20, GMA 245, G5, GMC305 roll &pitch

Default Configuring G3X with GTX 345R, GNC355, GTR 20, GMA 245, G5, GMC305 roll &pitch

Cub Crafters has been unable to give me an IMG_3510.jpgaccurate wiring diagram that depict my system - does anyone have a configuration list of a similarly equipped panel that they can share.
    Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: Configuring G3X with GTX 345R, GNC355, GTR 20, GMA 245, G5, GMC305 roll &pitch

The current EX-3 Dropbox folder contains schematics (split over multiple files) for a “modular” panel which can be configured very similar. I have not checked it for known issues such as incorrect AUX audio wiring.

Default Re: Configuring G3X with GTX 345R, GNC355, GTR 20, GMA 245, G5, GMC305 roll &pitch

Quote Originally Posted by ve6yeq View Post
    The current EX-3 Dropbox folder contains schematics (split over multiple files) for a “modular” panel which can be configured very similar. I have not checked it for known issues such as incorrect AUX audio wiring.
    FX-3 owners are not given access to the EX dropbox folders. I think the only schematics received by most FX-3 owners are those included in the maintenance manual template. I do have other schematics but I was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by ve6yeq View Post
    Thanks for the feedback - I have used some of those files but there are some discrepancies where my wiring is not identical and the biggest issue is they do not all show the communication format that is the main part of the configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by jjoffe@me.com View Post
    Thanks for the feedback - I have used some of those files but there are some discrepancies where my wiring is not identical and the biggest issue is they do not all show the communication format that is the main part of the configuration.
    The best way to get the ARINC and RS-232 bus configurations is to ask for a screen capture of the configuration pages. When I created the schematics for my avionics update I marked the format on each bus. I also have screen captures of the config pages in my files.

Is there a specific issue you need to get resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The best way to get the ARINC and RS-232 bus configurations is to ask for a screen capture of the configuration pages. When I created the schematics for my avionics update I marked the format on each bus. I also have screen captures of the config pages in my files.

Is there a specific issue you need to get resolved?
    Andy hi
    I think my biggest issue is that my GNC355 is not being seen on the main config page and also I do not see the Com 1 labels.
    I hope that CC can simply send me screen shots or a complete list of the config settings.
    thanks
    julian

Quote Originally Posted by jjoffe@me.com View Post
    Andy hi
    I think my biggest issue is that my GNC355 is not being seen on the main config page and also I do not see the Com 1 labels.
    I hope that CC can simply send me screen shots or a complete list of the config settings.
    thanks
    julian
    I think that is a Garmin "feature" and it caused me some distress when I was testing my GPS 175 after installation. The GPS 175 ( a GNC 355 without the COM radio) does not transmit RS-232 data on power up. Data only becomes active when the GPS is advanced to the instrument test page.

I verifed the lack of output data in a bench test with a digital storage scope.

I complained to Garmin that this was very misleading and asked for them to consider sending enough data for the bus to be seen as active. I do not know if they will ever fix the issue.

I included this note in my AFM supplement -

"Note - G3X and G5 will warn of RS-232 bus failure until GPS 175 has advanced past the Instrument test page. These fault indications should be ignored unless they persist while GPS 175 is in normal operation."

When I added the GPS 175 to my FX-3 I based my GDU port usage on data I had received for an FX-3 with factory GNC 355 installation. I think these screen shots represent my current configuration:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andy; Today at 09:28 AM.