Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternator failure - checklist discussion

Default Re: Alternator failure - checklist discussion

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdrvr View Post
    The other question I have on this topic is what are the real loads and what is the alternator really supplying?
    I was curious too so I added alternator current monitoring to my FX-3. For my configuration in flight with strobes and wig/wag landing lights, and after the battery has recovered from cranking, the alternator current is about 11 A and the battery charge current about 4 A.

Your alternator load will be maybe an amp greater as you have the second COM, remote audio panel, and GNC 355 instead of GPS 175.
    Last edited by Andy; Today at 06:23 AM.

Default Re: Alternator failure - checklist discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I was curious too so I added alternator current monitoring to my FX-3. For my configuration in flight with strobes and wig/wag landing lights, and after the battery has recovered from cranking, the alternator current is about 11 A and the battery charge current about 4 A.

Your alternator load will be maybe an amp greater as you have the second COM, remote audio panel, and GNC 355 instead of GPS 175.
    It's odd that the G3X doesn't show that current for the ALT. Why does it only show what seems to be battery charging? We aren't seeing the real load on the alternator.