I had ordered 2 FX-3 replacement induction air filter elements from the CubCrafters store. They seemed much more oily than the Bracket oiled foam filters that I use on my PA-28.

At the last condition inspection I found the SCAT hose was oily all the way to the fuel servo. This was the sticky air filter oil, not engine oil. I did not find significant oil residue in the servo. This was about 1 year after the first new filter had been fitted.

Eight engine hours after I fitted the most recent air filter element I found a pool of filter oil in the lower cowling and I have leaned the mixture 5 clicks in an attempt to restore the previously perfect idle mixture.

I suspect that the air filter oil has migrated down the SCAT induction hose into the fuel servo and has either blocked one or more air sensing ports or has reduced the gap below the throttle butterfly valve when at the idle stop.

I suggest that the filter elements should be positioned vertically for several days before fitting to allow the excess oil to drain off.