Thread: Trutrak / Bendix xCruze 100 autopilot

Default Trutrak / Bendix xCruze 100 autopilot

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has installed the trutrak autopilot in their CC11-160? I see that Bendix has an install kit for the sport cub but wondering if that will work with the SS?

If anyone has any experience as to how well the A/P works, details on what servo brackets were used and any parameters configured for the xCruze 100 I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
    George

Default Re: Trutrak / Bendix xCruze 100 autopilot

It's been a long while, but the TruTrack autopilots were what CC first installed in the CC11 (Sport Cub and Carbon Cub) This was before Bendix bought the design from TruTrack.

I'm not familiar with the details of the kit that you mentioned, but from a control system and speeds perspective, if their install kit works on the CC11-100 it should work on the CC11-160.

Generally we have seen better performance with the Garmin autopilot (lighter, tends to fly the airplane a little nicer, more integrated) but that is with a G3X installation. The TruTrack/Bendix is adequate.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Thanks Pete! In the event they don't have the servo brackets, are those parts still available from CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    It's been a long while, but the TruTrack autopilots were what CC first installed in the CC11 (Sport Cub and Carbon Cub) This was before Bendix bought the design from TruTrack.

I'm not familiar with the details of the kit that you mentioned, but from a control system and speeds perspective, if their install kit works on the CC11-100 it should work on the CC11-160.

Generally we have seen better performance with the Garmin autopilot (lighter, tends to fly the airplane a little nicer, more integrated) but that is with a G3X installation. The TruTrack/Bendix is adequate.

We have brackets for the Garmin servos. Not sure about current parts made by Bendix, but the old TruTrack servos used to fit the same brackets.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I haven’t used that setup, but the Bendix kit might need tweaks for the SS. The xCruze 100 generally works well if you get the settings right. Check out install guides for more details.