Thread: NXCub Electrical Problems

Default NXCub Electrical Problems

I have a new NXCub (G3X touch panel) with several electrical problems. The light on the rudder doesn't work most of the time, I get repeated high fuel pressure warnings, the EGT readings for cylinder 3 are often wrong (like 1900 before the engine is even started), and the manifold pressure readings often go above 30, even as high as 47. Has anyone else seen problems like this? The plane only has 40 hours on it.

Default Re: NXCub Electrical Problems

Quote Originally Posted by rdelmar View Post
    I have a new NXCub (G3X touch panel) with several electrical problems. The light on the rudder doesn't work most of the time, I get repeated high fuel pressure warnings, the EGT readings for cylinder 3 are often wrong (like 1900 before the engine is even started), and the manifold pressure readings often go above 30, even as high as 47. Has anyone else seen problems like this? The plane only has 40 hours on it.
    The abnormal engine indications are likely caused by poor connections on the sensor leads in the engine compartment. Work on each sensor in turn checking that the connectors make tight contact and that the crimps are sound. Connection problems are far more likely than faulty sensors or abnormal system conditions. (No, you should not need to do this on a new aircraft but you are not the first to report similar problems.)