Thread: Master Solenoid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Master Solenoid

Hello All,

Im on my second master solenoid in 1yr and 225hrs on my FX3. Anyone seeing the same failure rate? Or is it some operational issue that I’m causing? Is there a more robust replacement? Thanks for any feedback.

Tom

Default Re: Master Solenoid

So far, 178 hours on my FX-3 without an issue. Funny, though, I just replaced the starter contactor again in my C182. The original worked for 39 years, and the replacement (marked "Made in Mexico") lasted 4 years. Curious, I opened it up to see what it looked like. It was so badly corroded inside that I'm surprised it worked that long. I don't understand how that happens.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Mots View Post
    Im on my second master solenoid in 1yr and 225hrs on my FX3. Anyone seeing the same failure rate?
    No issues with my master solenoid with about 360 hours on my 2020 build FX-3.

Perhaps ask if CubCrafters changed supplier?

I've been through the same thing with my FX3. I had to swap out the master solenoid twice in about a year too. I noticed that keeping the connections clean and dry helped a bit. Also, I reached out to a few other guys who had the same issue, and they mentioned looking into aftermarket parts that might be more durable. It might be worth checking if there are any solid replacements or upgrades out there.