Quote Originally Posted by hawgdrvr View Post
I believe this issue which has been going on a long time started while still under warranty. Why not ask CubCrafters to warranty replace all three strobes, or at least they should do it in good faith. If not, then determine the vendor for your strobes and ask them for replacements after explaining the issue. I don't know if there is a strobe controller like there is a wig-wag controller, doubt it, but you'd have to review or have Pete tell you the electrical diagram of this system. I hope CubCrafters will help you resolve this in a timely manner.
Yes, that's true. This has been an on-going issue for quite a long time now, well within the warranty period. I think the strobes were either a separate issue or the use of strobes further revealed the problem. This also coincided with the erratic oil temp indications, which turned out not to be a sensor issue, rather a wiring issue on the CC side of things.

AeroLED's or WAT (one in the same now I think) would probably warranty replace or offer advice to test. Just hope you can find resolution and go enjoy that amazing plane @cavok.

Thanks for the information. I'm hopeful as well! I'll keep after it.

The AMM Template will have the nav/strobe/landing schematic. It is pretty much the same for all Carbon Cubs, the only thing that has change slightly is the LL flasher over time with different vendors flashers.

Andy is correct, the connection points are at each nav/strobe, at each wing root and behind the panel near the switches. Also the tail nav has a plug near the data plate inside the tail.

Thanks, Pete. I disconnected the tail strobe, which I thought corrected the issue. But, as I've been flying with my strobes OFF and the problem has continued, would you still recommend testing the strobes?

he characteristics of the EarthX battery make it difficult for me to compare your data with my SBS-J16 data so I hope to receive some data from your aircraft before the problem started.

My plane came with the Earth X. I have all the data on my computer, if you like, I can send some data from shortly after receiving the plane. Or are you wanting data immediately prior to the first signs of trouble?