Thread: G3X Touch ver 9.31 - MISCOMPARE

Default G3X Touch ver 9.31 - MISCOMPARE

This post may be of interest to those with Exec Glass (G3X Touch) and a G5 EFIS.

Garmin added a new audio alert "MISCOMPARE" which is sounded when the GDU software detects a miscompare between G5 and GSU 25 attitude data or air data. In my FX-3, which uses a GTR 200 and no remote audio panel, the new alert was truncated (front half of the alert was not audible).

I advised Garmin of this problem but found a solution today. I changed GTR 200 squelch level for AUX-1 input from default 30% to 10%.

I do not know if the remote audio panel used in some Carbon Cubs has a similar squelch configuration and would have the same alert message truncation.

Default Re: G3X Touch ver 9.31 - MISCOMPARE

As much as I'm an early adopter I think waiting a week or two for Garmin updates is wise. I've seen a history with them in triaging updates as if what they put out is not beta tested or poorly tested internally. 9.30 was released immediately followed by 9.31. Par for the course.

Change log can be found here along with a nice video of what's new:

https://flightinfo.com/threads/garmi...leased.161192/

Default Re: G3X Touch ver 9.31 - MISCOMPARE

This is experimental software for an experimental avionics suite on an experimental aircraft. I think you will find that all users of this software are beta testers.

What is missing is more extensive alpha test. I have offered to be an alpha tester for Garmin but my offer was not accepted.

As to the squelch setting - My testing showed the GTR 200 has barely audible noise on the AUX-1 input with squelch 0%. The noise is gone at squelch 5%.

I would suggest that CubCrafters sets all GTR 200 for AUX-1 squelch 10% and uses a similar setting for the remote audio panel if applicable. With default 30% at least one of the much older alerts has slight truncation.