Thread: EarthX Needs Your Help if you are in Colorado!

Default EarthX Needs Your Help if you are in Colorado!

Hello CC-19-180 X3 owners! We are in the final stages of STC approval for this aircraft with the FAA but we need to find someone who has this aircraft near Loveland/Fort Collins, Colorado area and is willing to have us do a "mock" or "test" installation of the ETX900-TSO certified battery for final FAA documentation we need for the STC.

Please call us at 970.674.8884 option 2 or email us at sales@earthxbatteries.com if you are able to help.

Sincerely,

Kathy Nicoson
    Sales Director
    EarthX, Inc
    www.earthxbatteries.com

Default Re: EarthX Needs Your Help if you are in Colorado!

Forum (EarthX ETX900-TSO Install):
    I need a picture (from anyone) of the current battery install - back of the battery showing the strap mount - ideally with the Odyssey battery out. Need to SHOW the battery location in the Aircraft, i.e. AFT of the bulkhead, or in front of the back seater, or??. I am lacking Structures information to make findings of compliance for AML STC. Thanks!
    Brent Olsen - FAA DER
    303-241-7884
    BrentO@OlsenTechLLC.com

Quote Originally Posted by N556BX View Post
    I need a picture (from anyone) of the current battery install - back of the battery showing the strap mount - ideally with the Odyssey battery out. Need to SHOW the battery location in the Aircraft, i.e. AFT of the bulkhead, or in front of the back seater, or??. I am lacking Structures information to make findings of compliance for AML STC. Thanks!
    Brent Olsen - FAA DER
    303-241-7884
    BrentO@OlsenTechLLC.com
    With and without the PC680 in place.

Question: will the Earth X installation complying with an STC include any venting?

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by N556BX View Post
    Brent Olsen - FAA DER
    303-241-7884
    BrentO@OlsenTechLLC.com
    Not visible in the pics is the velcro patch on the back of the battery. No strap is used, just velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    With and without the PC680 in place.

Question: will the Earth X installation complying with an STC include any venting?

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg
    Yes, the installation meets all of the FAA 9 SO's (Safety Objectives) that were part of the TSO and the AML STC Project. You will be able to install the ETX900-TSO battery, per the STC, which shows the Venting and Status light. Thank you for the PIC's and we needed it without the battery in place.

Not visible in the pics is the velcro patch on the back of the battery. No strap is used, just velcro.
    Thanks! Now, do you or others have pictures of the Top Cub Aircraft Inc. CC-18-180/-200 Battery install? I need a pic of the back of that mounting showing the bracket welded to the frame, battery out, and also the location in the Aircraft. Currently an Odyssey battery as well, and we need to show Structures the bracket attachment to show meeting 14 CFR 23.561(e) with passenger/pilot location. Thanks again!

BrentO

Factory FX-3 does use a Velcro strap to secure the SBS-J16 battery. It loops through slots in the battery compartment of the seat base.

I probably have photos but I do not know that the FX-3 (CCX-2000) battery installation is the same as for CC19-180.