Thread: Carbon Cub Door threshold clear protective tape

Default Carbon Cub Door threshold clear protective tape

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered. Can anyone inform me what kind of clear protective tape is used on the door threshold to protect the paint during ingress/egress by the pilot and passenger?

I have been wearing snow boots/coveralls so am not as flexible as I'd like (plus I'm old with a gut) and a few times the sole of boot has caught the edge of the tape and caused it to start to peel off, with accompanying dirt preventing it from re-adhering.

It's an FX3 if it matters.

Thanks!

Default Re: Carbon Cub Door threshold clear protective tape

You want to purchase it direct from Cubcrafters. They come perfectly precut to fit the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal747 View Post
    Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered. Can anyone inform me what kind of clear protective tape is used on the door threshold to protect the paint during ingress/egress by the pilot and passenger?

I have been wearing snow boots/coveralls so am not as flexible as I'd like (plus I'm old with a gut) and a few times the sole of boot has caught the edge of the tape and caused it to start to peel off, with accompanying dirt preventing it from re-adhering.

It's an FX3 if it matters.

Thanks!

Default Re: Carbon Cub Door threshold clear protective tape

Quote Originally Posted by kevestes View Post
    You want to purchase it direct from Cubcrafters. They come perfectly precut to fit the opening.
    That's good to know, I'll call them on Monday!