Thread: Window Hinge Installation EX2

Default Window Hinge Installation EX2

With reference to EX2 Finish Manual Sect 25 Page 75 (Photos 136 & 137) There appears to be a horizontal aluminium strip fixed to the header bottom (Photo 137) between the hinge attachments using a long drill, with holes drilled according to FN18. Upon examining FN18, this strip is not depicted, nor is the drill holes depicted, as expected.
    My headers have a bottom cutout between the hinges and there is no strip between, nor is it referenced with a part number and it appears too short to connect the two hinges.

Is this strip intended to be fixed to the bottom of the header, or does it have an alternate use?

PS. Not to confuse the purpose of the smaller vertical door pillar strips.

Default Re: Window Hinge Installation EX2

Are you talking about the header that is painted yellow in my manual or some other piece?

Photo 139 shows a picture of the completed install; door hinge - header (yellow) - fus frame - bolt with nut.
    Last edited by aeroaddict; 07-13-2022 at 05:57 AM.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    Are you talking about the header that is painted yellow in my manual or some other piece?

Photo 139 shows a picture of the completed install; door hinge - header (yellow) - fus frame - bolt with nut.
    Maybe, its yellow for sure, but I think its another piece to which I refer. Like you, I think it seems to me that the visible piece of yellow paint in photo 139 is the yellow painted bottom of the header.

There is no way that the strip I have can straddle the two widely separated window hinges. I note there is no yellow component, either header or strip in photo 140 where the window frame appears joined to the fuselage. To me, the FN18 drawing shows only the window frame, the header and the fuselage, albeit poorly labelled components to the extent of showing only hinge holes to be drilled.
    I cannot see the purpose of the use of a long drill (is it downwards?) as depicted in photo 136, which alternatively appears to be drilling (upwards) through a horizontal yellow strip (photo 137), rather than a header. Maybe these are old and irrelevant previous model photos.

It seems to me the strip has another, as yet undetermined purpose.
    Last edited by karaka29211; 07-13-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Maybe, its yellow for sure, but I think its another piece to which I refer. Like you, I think it seems to me that the visible piece of yellow paint in photo 139 is the yellow painted bottom of the header.

There is no way that the strip I have can straddle the two widely separated window hinges. I note there is no yellow component, either header or strip in photo 140 where the window frame appears joined to the fuselage. To me, the FN18 drawing shows only the window frame, the header and the fuselage, albeit poorly labelled components to the extent of showing only hinge holes to be drilled.
    I cannot see the purpose of the use of a long drill (is it downwards?) as depicted in photo 136, which alternatively appears to be drilling (upwards) through a horizontal yellow strip (photo 137), rather than a header. Maybe these are old and irrelevant previous model photos.

It seems to me the strip has another, as yet undetermined purpose.
    Maybe the piece I have, is in fact that depicted on Page 205 Figure FN49 for fixing the upper Windscreen, that would make more sense to me, no part number named however, but it looks the same.

im not really sure I follow but does this help? https://forum.cubcrafters.com/showth...ll=1#post22702

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Maybe the piece I have, is in fact that depicted on Page 205 Figure FN49 for fixing the upper Windscreen, that would make more sense to me, no part number named however, but it looks the same.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    im not really sure I follow but does this help? https://forum.cubcrafters.com/showth...ll=1#post22702
    Yes, it does, I think the issue is now solved and the tips, photos and videos helped with answering some other questions I had. Thanks, Dave