Thread: Foam trim around door and windows

Default Foam trim around door and windows

Is there a replacement part for the foam trim that goes around the door and windows or is this something I should get at hardware store to replace? Referring to the back foam strip with adhesive on back to keep wind from entering cockpit during flight.

Default Re: Foam trim around door and windows

We've tried a number of different products, and found an almost exact duplicate of the CubCrafters product from Home Depot. Take a piece with you to find a similar product, (clean the surface really well and you can add some adhesive to the sticky back before applying; hopefully, it will stay put). Unfortunately, I don't have a product number.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by chipallen View Post
    We've tried a number of different products, and found an almost exact duplicate of the CubCrafters product from Home Depot. Take a piece with you to find a similar product, (clean the surface really well and you can add some adhesive to the sticky back before applying; hopefully, it will stay put). Unfortunately, I don't have a product number.
    Awesome info - thx! When you say to “add some adhesive to the sticky back”, are you suggesting I add some 2 sided tape or something like it to the adhesive that’s already on the new piece?
    Thx again for the help!

Add a VERY light coating of liquid adhesive. Ask the Home Depot associate for a suggestion.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Add a VERY light coating of liquid adhesive. Ask the Home Depot associate for a suggestion.
    Great - thx again!

5693A82A-3052-4243-ACCE-AE564DFF8D97.jpg

This is the actual part number and description of the CC material.

Quote Originally Posted by justintapper View Post
    Is there a replacement part for the foam trim that goes around the door and windows or is this something I should get at hardware store to replace? Referring to the back foam strip with adhesive on back to keep wind from entering cockpit during flight.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..