Thread: Primer Use on EX-2

Default Primer Use on EX-2

At the point where I am installing primer for Titan 340. Not crazy about soft copper lines, etc. and am considering not even putting primer in. I've heard from some that the "never use the primer". Anyone care to comment on whether I'll be making a mistake by leaving the primer out. I'm not likely going to be a real cold weather flyer.

Default Re: Primer Use on EX-2

I originally installed the primer but never really used it. I have since disconnected it (not a fan of the soft copper tubing either). I do preheat in the winter but have not a starting issue without the primer.

For starting, I give the throttle one pump and fire her up.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    I originally installed the primer but never really used it. I have since disconnected it (not a fan of the soft copper tubing either). I do preheat in the winter but have not a starting issue without the primer.

For starting, I give the throttle one pump and fire her up.
    I too disconnected the primer on my EX-2 after finding that it leaked fuel into #4 cylinder even when closed. Never have had any problems starting after 2 pumps of the throttle. Aircraft kept in a hangar - heated (45°F) in the winter here Utah and last fall on several occasions in the Frank Church Wilderness in Idaho over night at 30°F degrees - no problems starting.

Dan, Bill,

Thanks for the input. I'm probably going to leave the primer disconnected.

Jeff