Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, I'm freezing! What have others done to improve the heat output?

Default Re: Help, I'm freezing! What have others done to improve the heat output?

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    Great idea. I may go with this until the cowl is off and I can develop enhancements (if possible).

Any headset static from the cushion? I installed a USB port and use (supposedly) shield cables and get static.

Cheers
    I never noticed any noise in the system.

Default Re: Help, I'm freezing! What have others done to improve the heat output?

Great idea. I may go with this until the cowl is off and I can develop enhancements (if possible).

Any headset static from the cushion? I installed a USB port and use (supposedly) shield cables and get static.

Cheers
    2C069641-B76F-4770-AA46-D2024EF78EA8.jpg

I’ve never had static issues with this Stratus USB port. But I did with cigarette lighter plug in type.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Thanks guys.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

WOW! I'm jealous, maybe time to build an EX-3?

Maybe I can use the left exhaust bank to provide another heat source. I have a 100hr service interval coming up and will investigate.
    Gordon’s wife asked if there was a heater upgrade for the EX2.When the EX3 box showed up at the house his wife asked what’s that. He said that the heater upgrade and it come with a new tail number😂. He put heater upgrade rev1 under the horizontal.
    True Story
    chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Just a quick follow up.

Bought a heated car seat cushion (12V, plugs into a cigarette liter socket) and a set of heated gloves.

Both work surprisingly well!

Of course now the weather has changed and warmer days but I'll be ready for next winter.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Dan,

Out of curiosity what temps are you fly at? I’m flying my FX3 in MN down to 5 degrees without issue.
    Last edited by Tsquared; 03-25-2022 at 05:58 AM.

Winter temps when I will fly are generally 10 to 20F.

The EX-2/FX-2 have just the one heater outlet on the floor in front of the stick.

I fly with a friend that has a PA-12 and he is also cold. So I guess CC just updated the heat some on the EX/FX-2 from the original PA designs.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL