Thread: Gear/Taxi light

Default Gear/Taxi light

Went through a few iterations but I think I have my taxi light project complete. Went with a RIGID industries light. They have quite a few to choose from. This is a 10 inch and I have a 6 inch coming but will likely stick with this. They have different specs from driving, flood, and spot light. I've seen some YouTube videos of several cubs putting lights in this location. I struggled with where to put it to get the best light pattern. Originally I was concerned with brackets on the legs here not sure if they moved and would cause a problem with a bracket failing. Haven't flown with it yet but looks promising. CubCrafters put in the wiring and a switch near lower left of G3X.

IMG_3195.png
    IMG_3596.png
    IMG_3597.png
    IMG_3598.png
    IMG_3599.png

Default Re: Gear/Taxi light

Question: What camera did you to connect to the G3X? That is a nice image on the right. Plan to do the same once I find out the best camera to use.

With the camera and those lights you could set down on a remote strip around midnight!

Default Re: Gear/Taxi light

I used the same setup as discussed somewhere on this forum.

Two items needed, linked below. The camera has an ideal disconnect already in the line which I placed on the upper left side of the firewall so you can disconnect it when removing the top of the cowl.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QBMNVVB/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VK8IEI/

Install is super easy, integration is already there in the G3X, just enable it if needed (CubCrafters did mine). The added safety is priceless. It never replaces looking outside of course we all know but anything additional to prevent a prop strike. I know in TW endorsement training I'd cross outside the grass strip with those cone markers and wonder, hmm, am I in between them or....so yeah, I'll take the added assist in visibility.

Big kudos out to Jamie, the Garmin/Avionics guy at CubCrafters. He did such amazing stuff on mine and was so nice to work with spending time with me when I went there for the 10 hour oil change and a few squawks. Great people at CubCrafters!