Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website issues

Default Re: Website issues

[QUOTE=This is a great opportunity missed by CubCrafters that would REALLY help new owners and probably existing owners as some prior owners here didn't know how easy it is to drain the oil in the FX-3 - YOUTUBE Video Training. CubCrafters uses YouTube for marketing which is great, we all love the videos and Daveembry has done a great job using YouTube to document the kit building which also helps others such as FX-3 owner learn. He's also created some for his customers for routine maintenance and this is where CubCrafters could really use YouTube. Think about "okay, now you got your new plane, here are some helpful videos." [/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    On the other hand we perhaps should be measuring forum activity based on "views" rather than "posts". Dave Embry's excellent EX3 build blog has over a half million views but only 204 posts. 'Chuck and Ryan's Build Tips' has a quarter million views and only 270 posts. So perhaps there are many pilots looking but not posting. That is not necessarily a bad thing.
    [/QUOTE]i think that a little more participation by CC staff would be very appreciated. In the early days Randy Lervold would make comments and he set a good tone for the entire site.[/QUOTE]

Yep I agree. I had Randy do a Section for east coast guys. I think there close to 2M views (New for the East) My whole intent was to get people engaged and show what things they can do in a cub. I’ve been slacking lately because I got aggravated with it. I will start putting a little more effort into that. I get a lot of people in private and at shows commenting on them. I have met and became good friends here with Good people all across the country thru this forum.
    Your idea of where’d you fly today is great. It will catch on just keep posting them. Lots of people are enjoying those pictures even if they don’t post.(I do)
    Most of the dealers have put together Good select groups of guys for fly outs,events and owners have there cell numbers so they can get good information pretty quick or we point them in the right direction. I have over 20 Select customers we try to do something once a month or more. We can sit around talking airplanes and adventures without the controversy.
    Last edited by Springloaded; 02-15-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

One more suggestion for YouTube - How to patch the fabric. For non kit builders we ( I ) don't know how to deal with fabric. At some point we're going to have to learn, it would be educational to have a video for this too. What to use, how to do it right, (wrong), etc.