Thread: What are your stall speeds?

Question What are your stall speeds?

As a new FX-3 owner I've been having some discussions with friends on stall speeds and POH info. I think it's a good discussion for all no matter which CubCrafters aircraft you have.

The question is, what are your stall speeds? Assuming you've tested them at your current weight. For all that want to share, here is a template for the min info for a response:

Aircraft Type:
    Weight:
    Stall Speed No Flap:
    Stall Speed Full Flaps:

Add anything else you care to share. I have to test my current config and will reply when done. I've been loaded down during Phase 1 and the ferry home, now that I'm at "normal" weight I'm going to test and see what my numbers are as well.

Default Re: What are your stall speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdrvr View Post
    The question is, what are your stall speeds? Assuming you've tested them at your current weight. For all that want to share, here is a template for the min info for a response:

Aircraft Type:
    Weight:
    Stall Speed No Flap:
    Stall Speed Full Flaps:

May be worth including the type of pitot/static system. I would expect to see significant variations for different pitot static systems even if the aircraft are otherwise identical. (Aircraft with world VFR panel have a different pitot/static system from the G3X aircraft)

Also need to specify power for the stall series. I assume idle but others may not.

CG will also have some influence on the results.

I performed a stall series during phase 1 but I don't remember the numbers. In that corner of the envelope I'm usually eyes outside and listening to the alpha beep rate.

Perhaps a separate thread on cruise performance. That's the area I'd like to see some numbers for the different props, tires, and gear details.

I haven't flown yet, hopefully this afternoon, but I have come to realization of my weight. I'm around 1700lbs. I wonder if others realize how heavy they really are? I'm 1260 dry per W&B from CC, then add fuel, me, and cargo (TacAero tacnets fully optioned are not light, probably 30lbs).

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdrvr View Post
    I wonder if others realize how heavy they really are?
    Full fuel, me, nothing in back - 1567 lb
    Full fuel, me, usual load in back - 1649 lb
    Full fuel, me, friend in back, water ballast removed - 1793 lb

All based on factory W/B, revised for equipment added and tire change, and with all removable contents weighed.

Water ballast refers to a case of drinking water in aft cargo. It improves handling solo and I'm close to same CG if I put someone in the back seat and remove the water.

Bad weather here sadly. I'm out of town for a week so will get numbers on return.