Thread: Student Pilot CA to PA, route suggestions...

Default Student Pilot CA to PA, route suggestions...

I am a student pilot headed to San Luis Obispo to pick up my first plane, an SS, and flying it back with my instructor to West Chester, PA. We are planning to leave CA Saturday morning. I thought I would reach out to the community regarding route suggestions, cool places to fly/stop or just general advice. I have a great instructor making the trip with me and a very experienced friend in CA that is gonna help with the route, but would love to hear your feedback. Thanks!

Default Re: Student Pilot CA to PA, route suggestions...

Haven't gone all the way to PA, but my route over the Serria's from central CA involves stopping and fueling in Truckee, then flying intersate 80 over the mountains. Flying the I80 route will dump you right into Reno. Call ATC and let then know your intentions. It can get a little busy in the area. After that, next fuel stop is Winnimucca NV (always blowing a X wind there and free ice cream bars at the FBO). From there I would guess you would fly NE to enventually go over the rockies.

Have a great adventure and trip!
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

I grew up new Susanville, would love to fly that area and up by Truckee. We will be further south, so I expect we will be going through Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, etc. I will report back.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    Haven't gone all the way to PA, but my route over the Serria's from central CA involves stopping and fueling in Truckee, then flying intersate 80 over the mountains. Flying the I80 route will dump you right into Reno. Call ATC and let then know your intentions. It can get a little busy in the area. After that, next fuel stop is Winnimucca NV (always blowing a X wind there and free ice cream bars at the FBO). From there I would guess you would fly NE to enventually go over the rockies.

Have a great adventure and trip!

Well good to know.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL