Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel valve and bracket

Default Re: Fuel valve and bracket

I did a trial fit of the left center panel and the fuel valve sub panel. It is obvious that the sub panel will not fit with the valve displaced aft of the fuselage bracket. I am convinced the aircraft was built with the valve mounted to the fuselage bracket but with tension on the aft port fuel line.

The lines have continued to relax and the fuel valve is now displaced almost half inch from bracket alignment.

I will not re-assemble the aircraft with tension of the aft port fuel line so changing that short aft port line seems to be the solution.

Default Re: Fuel valve and bracket

I replaced the tube between the aft port of the fuel valve and the adjacent T with a longer piece. Fuel valve now lines up with the bracket.

I doubt that this fuel line was intentionally installed under tension. I'm wondering if the factory straightens the coiled nylon tubing before fitting it. One technique used to straighten this tubing is to tension it and heat it. Maybe tubing straightened in this way reverts to the original length.

Are EX builders straightening the Nylon 11 tubing before using it?
    Last edited by Andy; 11-03-2021 at 07:09 AM.