Thread: New Cool Tool

Default New Cool Tool

I don't recall how I came across this tool but used for the first time today. When joining the interior panels, CC's uses (for the EX-2 at least) a nylon snap rivet. Which work fine until you have to remove them. PITA!

This tool worked great for removal and also replacement.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Default Re: New Cool Tool

Nice find!

Always have a bag of extra nylon snap rivets handy! Even with the tool, they dont always survive a removal. Everyone needs to, as you need to change the backup battery at every annual.

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    I don't recall how I came across this tool but used for the first time today.
    Thanks for the tip. It's so close to the tool I would have made for the job that I bought one. Have previously spent a few hours grinding special tools out of different Harbor Freight pliers.

Tip for anyone buying this. Knock off all the sharp edges on the tips and corners and keep only the working edges sharp. You'll save some scratches on your nice panels.

A butter knife works well. Just need to tell your wife you will keep looking.

Nylon rivets aren't the only thing worth keeping in reserve. I prefer to keep all the tools in duplicate. And, preferably, in different places. One tool box in the house, one suitcase with another set in the yard - it's really very convenient. Recently I've been thinking that my kit is missing a wider selection of toggle clamps. This is a great option for me, I like to leave the parts in the clip and carefully examine them from all angles. Many times this has saved me from stupid mistakes.

Last edited by Darcibat81.; 03-14-2022 at 04:10 AM.