Thread: Prop cable data request

Default Prop cable data request

Would someone who has not yet fitted their EX-3 propeller control cable please help me with some information. I need photos of the cockpit and governor ends showing the cable at both extremes of travel. Please lay a rule or tape measure against the cable so I can derive measurements.

Thanks.

Default Re: Prop cable data request

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Would someone who has not yet fitted their EX-3 propeller control cable please help me with some information. I need photos of the cockpit and governor ends showing the cable at both extremes of travel. Please lay a rule or tape measure against the cable so I can derive measurements.

Thanks.
    Anyone? Cable doesn't need to be on the airplane, and may be best if it isn't. Just lay it on the bench and move the inner from one extreme to the other.

One photo of the cockpit end showing the inner pushed forward as far as it will go may be sufficient to tell me what I'd like to know.

Hi, Andy. I’m going to PM you my number. Give me a call any time today. I’ll be downstairs in the workshop working on the plane and can grab the prop cable.

Quote Originally Posted by ptredway View Post
    Hi, Andy. I’m going to PM you my number. Give me a call any time today. I’ll be downstairs in the workshop working on the plane and can grab the prop cable.
    Thanks for the photos. They confirm that a properly functioning cable would not be limiting my prop lever movement. I'm going to have to open it up.

Anyone? Cable doesn't need to be on the airplane, and may be best if it isn't. Just lay it on the bench and move the inner from one extreme to the other.

One photo of the cockpit end showing the inner pushed forward as far as it will go may be sufficient to tell me what I'd like to know.
    Heres both ends and the CC tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Paul View Post
    Heres both ends and the CC tag.
    Thanks Paul. I'm now confident that neither the spring installation nor a properly functioning control cable would cause my problem. My prop lever is limited long before the cable reaches the normal shortest length.

I'm going to have to pull the side panels to see what's wrong.

I'm going to have to pull the side panels to see what's wrong.
    With both ends of the prop cable disconnected I had less than 2 inch free cable motion instead of the normal 3 inch motion. By re-indexing the governor control arm, and repositioning the cable outer clamp nuts at both ends, I was able to get free stop to stop control but there was only 1/8 inch spare travel at each end of the range.

I decided to change the cable and the defective one will be going back to CubCrafters for investigation.

Thanks to everyone who helped!