Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restricted prop lever movement FX-3

Default Re: Restricted prop lever movement FX-3

Ref SERVICE INSTRUCTION SK-SI001 for the mod that adds the spring.

http://cubcrafters.com/c/wp-content/...SKSI001-10.pdf

It requires verification of lever movement between forward and aft stops.

I managed to get a couple of hours of work in this afternoon. My project is at a good stage to look at this problem.

Note paragraph 5b. of the service note. It is the stops firewall forward that determine travel. In fact, it only takes about 2/3 of the travel of the prop control lever to effect full travel at the governor. So it is important to take the cowl off and check for full travel there, stop to stop, and not at the control.

Good luck, John

Quote Originally Posted by aflyer View Post
    . So it is important to take the cowl off and check for full travel there, stop to stop, and not at the control.
    It is only because I did not have full stop to stop control at the governor that I took any interest in this topic!

Edited to add - there is no need to take the top cowling off to see the range of governor arm movement. The arm and the stops are easily seen through the left cowl inlet.
    Last edited by Andy; 09-18-2021 at 04:46 PM.

Sorry, I lost track.

Sounds like you will have to pull the side panel. My instructions say to attach it with velcro.

Well the spring is not coil bound. I was able to image it with a small USB "endoscope" camera without dismantling anything. To make any more progress I'm going to have to disconnect the cable from the prop lever to find out which is limiting the travel.

Can someone who has not yet fitted the trapezoidal fuel valve panel please take a photo of the side panel showing the hole where the fuel valve panel fits. I'm wondering if I can access the prop lever cable attach screw without pulling the entire side panel.

When I get the lever end disconnected I'm going to need to check the cable for full range of motion. If someone has the prop cable not installed yet would you please measure the range of motion of one of the cable ends.

The frustrating thing about this is that I found the governor was not quite reaching the low speed stop during my condition inspection. It only took a small adjustment of the cable end at the governor to get stop to stop movement. Now something has changed and the travel is limited again.