Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kannad ELT Internal GPS Reception Test

Default Re: Kannad ELT Internal GPS Reception Test

Picture is worth a thousand words. That makes the point very clear.

Could you also test the GPS antenna puck in the proposed location behind the rear seat on the starboard side under the fabric? I am sure it will show good reception in that location but objective data would further support relocating the Kannad.

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Could you also test the GPS antenna puck in the proposed location behind the rear seat on the starboard side under the fabric?
    Please give me a photo or a sketch showing the required test location. From your description it sounds like the antenna view would be blocked by the turtle deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Please give me a photo or a sketch showing the required test location. From your description it sounds like the antenna view would be blocked by the turtle deck.
    Check the picture I posted on this thread September 11. It would be in the location of what Pete refers to as the AmSafe Airbag "brain box". Just aft of the turtle deck below the fabric. It would set below a cross member, but hopefully that would have minimal adverse effect on the GPS reception.

On a separate note I am awaiting receipt of a proper antenna analyzer so we can measure the resonate frequency and impedance of this set up, and make adjustments accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Check the picture I posted on this thread September 11.
    O.k. so right side of extended baggage between front edge of baggage door and rear edge of turtle deck. I'll check this location when I'm at the hangar next.