Yes, that’s the type foam weatherstripping that should be around the window. Usually it’s put on the window side (less visible) like you said your was (but deformed). I also put a piece across that metal part of the latch on the window. The figure shows stopping it on either side but I put a piece all the way across to seal that area

If that bottom, front corner is the problem, usually it’s the latch adjustment that can be changed to pull the window in tighter. The screw holding the window latch into the window should have some plastic washers used as spacers, You can simply add or remove some of the spacers to make it so that you have to pull that window fully shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal747 View Post
Here's what I ended up doing. First I did a flight using some normal weatherstripping to fill in the gaps at the top of the window forward of the hinge and it didn't help that much, but maybe a little.

It seemed that most of the water was coming from bottom half of the window when it was closed. So I bought some of this stuff at home depot and just ran it along the entire front window threshold. It worked great, 130 mph through some pretty constant rain and not a drop in the cabin. How will it hold up durability wise is the question. Hopefully it doesn't absorb a bunch of water and cause corrosion.

This weatherstripping is compressible foam, so it doesn't make the window hard to close yet seals out water reasonably well when the window is closed.

I also took some shorter strips and touched up the factory window weatherstripping along the bottom of the windows where it closes on the window latches. The metal of the latch housings in the top of the door on the aircraft right and top of the sidewall on aircraft left seems to be deformed the factory weatherstripping that was put onto the windows along the edges.

20220820_002611.jpg20220820_003002.jpg