Thread: Fuel Line Replacement

Default Fuel Line Replacement

Per the service manual, the plastic fuel lines must be replaced replaced at 12 years. Wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of completing that task.

If zip ties are used to secure the line adjacent to the extended baggage panels it would be virtually impossible to remove the fuel lines without damaging the fabric. All of the other points where the fuel lines are tied down should be accessible.

It would seem one could secure the fuel lines in a way that would facilitate removing the fuel lines without using zip ties in that location.

But before tackling this project, just wondering what the experience is, if any, actually replacing all those fuel lines.

Default Re: Fuel Line Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Per the service manual, the plastic fuel lines must be replaced replaced at 12 years. Wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of completing that task.
    My maintenance manual template says "Flexible Fuel Lines 12 years or engine overhaul, whichever comes first"

I believe this refers to the flexible fuel hoses in the engine compartment, not to the rigid plastic fuel lines.

edited to add - CubCrafters provides a template only. The builder is responsible for the content of the Maintenance Manual. Nothing in the template is mandatory.
    Last edited by Andy; 07-20-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Good point. If "Flexible Fuel Line" refers only to the lines forward of the fire wall, its a non issue. if "Flexible Fuel Line" refers to the flexible fuel lines throughout the plane, its an issue. Perhaps we need a legal opinion?

The next line of the maintenance manual refers to replacing the "Flexible Oil System Lines" which obviously would be only the lines forward of the firewall. That would suggest your interpretation is indeed correct.

Also the timing of the replacement of the flexible fuel lines with engine overhaul would seem to go with just the lines forward of the firewall.

I sure hope you are right. The notion of replacing all the fuel lines seems a bit nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    . Won’t be me. I’ve never kept anything, including wives, for twelve years. Don