Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G3X Touch Screen frozen

Default Re: G3X Touch Screen frozen

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
    Garmin support (G3xpert) is reviewing all logged data from my G3x touch , asked me to try to reproduce screen freeze by removing SD card, and trying other SD cards.
    Well that's interesting. I had twice reported problems with logging to SD card but they didn't even acknowledge my report. My problems were log started late or log never started. So far never a problem with unresponsive display.
    Last edited by Andy; 07-08-2021 at 04:26 AM.

at this point no clear answers as to complete unresponsiveness of the G3X touch unit. One possiblity includes a corrupted SD card. Earlier on, I understand the non-touch G3X version could malfunction with corrupted SD card but this is unusual on the later G3X touch units. Savvy's avionics expert, says it is probably heat related and has been seeing a number of these issues lately. The problem here, is that in Fl, I don't think it has been any hotter than the usual low 90's. It had never shut down before. Anyway, for now the unit is working perfectly. I did put in a new, FAT32 formatted SD card. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
    Anyway, for now the unit is working perfectly. I did put in a new, FAT32 formatted SD card. We'll see.
    You may have already answered this but, when the display was unresponsive to knobs and buttons, did it still correctly indicate any changes in displayed parameters such as heading, battery current, time, etc?

Not sure I can answer that one Andy.