40 Amp main fuse

i had a brand new fuse that came with my latest kit that was bad. It worked but then partially blew when testing the wiring after the 3rd or 4th time flipping it on. Everything went dead but then just a minute or so later, it started working again started working again for no reason. After probably having it on and off 30 or more times while setting it all up, it just lost all power again! No popped circuit breakers or anything.

I replaced it and the new one works fine with no issues. I wiggled wires etc and tried to see if something caused it but nothing so far. Hard to believe a fuse would partially go bad and then in a few minutes work again. Must have partially melted and then cooled off and maybe enough connection to work again for awhile??? But with no breakers popped, I don’t think it could be a problem with wiring.

Anyway, these fuses are somewhat hard to find. They are a “maxi-fuse” but some of them don’t fit the fuse holder supplied by Cubcrafters with the kit for some reason. It requires a fuse with the “slots” on either side longer than most. I finally found some that work fine through Amazon. 5 for $6.00. I think you should always carry a spare. I just zip tied a spare in a small ziplock bag to the wires going to the fuse holder (under the seat base) so it’s always there handy if needed.

here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1