Hello,

TLDR questions:
Are 35's a good idea for hard off airport on an FX?
1.75" vs 1.5" brakes on 35's and 31's?
Any other options that are a good idea with 31's/35's?
BBW + Acme stinger a good idea to offset weight with 35's, or overkill?

I talked to the sales team a little bit about this but I was wondering if I could get feedback from other owners or more input from the staff. I have an FX3 slot for next year.

I understand that 35"s are not a factory option for the FX series for engineering reasons.

I am probably going to take delivery on 8.50's because I need the 8.50's for my summit wheel penetration skis. However, I am planning to keep a separate set of wheels with tires mounted for summer use. I am trying to decide between 31's and 35's for this. I could feasibly take delivery on 31's and get the 8.50's later, but I figured it would be more economical to take the 8.50's from the factory. With the 2000 lb max gross weight of FX3, it seems like 35's are not prohibitively heavy and provide a substantial margin of safety/capability in rough takeoff & landing spots, or on sand/tundra (which are indeed surface I do plan to land on).

Are there any landing gear options that could serve to mitigate any potential risk to running 35's?

I am definitely getting safety cables. I do plan on taking the airplane off-airport quite, at least once I get some experience. I am based at an airport with a gravel runway, however it is a 1/2 mile pavement taxi to get to it (wear consideration). I also need to decide if the 1.75" brakes are necessary instead of 1.5"s and whether I should go with the Acme stinger + baby bushwheel. I feel the beefier tailwheel setup could have center of gravity benefits especially were I to run 35's. Main landing gear suspension will be some form of Acme's latest offerings.

Thanks in advance. Locked in a hotel with nothing else to think about.