Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
Delfleet Evolution Painting

Primers

• Aluminum surfaces. F3960G primer 1:1 with F3961F Catalyst. 1 wet coat. Paint immediately after sanding/cleaning surface. 24 hour pot life. 30 min. – 72 hours before sanding required before topcoat.
  • Plastic & Composite Surfaces. DP50LFG Epoxy Primer (the “50” is Gray color) 2:1 with DP402LFQ Catalyst. 72 hour pot life. 1-2 wet coats. Dry to topcoat: 30 minutes if 1 coat and 60 for 2. Sand after 1 week to Recoat/topcoat.
  • Plastic Windows. (“D” windows and bottoms of front windows). Same but first spray Bulldog Adhesion Promoter on; let stand 5 minutes and then spray primer.

Topcoat

• FDGH Delfleet Evolution. Mix 3:1 with F3260 Hardener and 6 oz. F3400/F3405/F3410 Accelerator per mixed (after the mix) gallon. F3400/Fast Dry. F3405/Medium Dry. F3410/Slow Dry.
  • If hot and humid you can add 10% of the reducer F3331(warm temps); F3330 (medium) and reduce flash time between coats to 5-10 minutes. I found it a little too thick without the reducer coming out of a 1.3 tip, so I did use the reducer.
  • 4-5 hour pot life @ 70F. 1 cross coat or 2 coats.
  • 1 cross coat or 2 coats with 5-8 minutes between coats if using the faster accelerator. Don't let it get too dry.

Hi Dave,

I'm putting together a preliminary bill of materials for sourcing the paints, primers, etc. for my EX-3. Any chance you have an idea of the rough quantities you think it takes to complete one of your builds?

My paint design is only going to have two colors, but I'd like to get started on understanding the price points and any delays in availability the distributors might have.

I'm not looking for anything too specific, just rough guesses if you have them.

Thanks!

Patrick