Thread: G3X engine and airframe time errors

Default G3X engine and airframe time errors

I record on my kneeboard the engine and airframe times before engine start and after shutdown. Times and fuel added are also recorded for every refuel.

Today, when I entered fuel data in my spreadsheet, I noticed that airframe and engine hours were lower than recorded at the previous refuel. I reviewed my G3X data logs and my kneeboard records and found that the error happened when the airplane was grounded for installation of my hall effect current sensors.

Airframe time was reduced by 7.1 hours and engine time was reduced by 6.1 hours. Several G3X configuration changes were made during sensor calibration but none of these changes should have changed engine and airframe hours.

I suspect a firmware defect and will give my data to Garmin.

Has anyone else ever seen an error in G3X engine and airframe time records?

Default Re: G3X engine and airframe time errors

As long as mine goes down I don't want to know!

Default Re: G3X engine and airframe time errors

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Airframe time was reduced by 7.1 hours and engine time was reduced by 6.1 hours.
    Closer inspection of the data logs showed engine cycle count was reduced by 7.

I went back through all the records and found that the incorrect hours and cycle count corresponded exactly to the hours and cycle count that existed when my previous config file had been saved. I had loaded this file during my hall effect sensor calibration.

CAUTION - Engine and airframe hours and engine cycles are saved in the system configuration file. Record engine and airframe hours and engine cycle count before loading a saved system configuration file. Correct the hours and cycles after the saved configuration has been loaded.