Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Control stick

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    58

    Default Control stick

    I was wondering if there is a longer and thicker control stick grip for the SS or a new control stick which is longer and has better grip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Control stick

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwbo View Post
    I was wondering if there is a longer and thicker control stick grip for the SS or a new control stick which is longer and has better grip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you wind up finding something? I'm also looking for something a bit longer so it doesn't feel like I have to lean so far forward. I'm going to maybe explore the Vintage Aerofab precise flight stick.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Control stick

    Nope. CC advised me not to install anything longer. Added stick grips which are great.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Hot Springs Arkansas
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Control stick

    It absolutely needs a longer stick! Im looking at options too. Post what yall find. After coming from my husky the stick in the cub feels like Im flying it with my hand at my calfs.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Control stick

    Quote Originally Posted by airplanebrad@aol.com View Post
    It absolutely needs a longer stick! Im looking at options too. Post what yall find. After coming from my husky the stick in the cub feels like Im flying it with my hand at my calfs.
    I asked about this out at OSH after seeing the longer stick available in the newer CarbonCub models and was advised to not install a longer stick primarily due to concerns about excessive forces that can be generated from the longer stick and their impact on control surfaces I believe. Pretty disappointed. I wish it was a bit more comfortable flying longer trips than feeling like I'm leaning so far forward with my right shoulder also a bit turned.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Hot Springs Arkansas
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Control stick

    Quote Originally Posted by n789am View Post
    I asked about this out at OSH after seeing the longer stick available in the newer CarbonCub models and was advised to not install a longer stick primarily due to concerns about excessive forces that can be generated from the longer stick and their impact on control surfaces I believe. Pretty disappointed. I wish it was a bit more comfortable flying longer trips than feeling like I'm leaning so far forward with my right shoulder also a bit turned.
    Ill either make one, or order one for the EX3 if its better. Im not concerned with the above alleged. An airplane is certified in maneuvering speed. I take that to mean full control movement at Va. I wont be jerking or ever forcing around on it anyway. Just want a taller stick for my height and build. Even a lower seat. I feel too high, in my husky when I look out I sit under the wing. In the CC when I look to the side Im looking at wing root has anybody tried a thinner seat?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •