Thread: Wing Inspection cover location, EX2

Default Wing Inspection cover location, EX2

Gentlemen,

First post to the forum. I have been searching for Embry’s post on Inspection cover locations, currently as it relates to the wings. Not quite found it, though I’m certain it’s reasonably close it hand. Help would be appreciated. If there is an updated file that would be helpful.

Thank you!

Default Re: Wing Inspection cover location, EX2

Here is a good link in this post where I indexed the posts by topic. You can see that post #29 is where the wing cover grommets, patches etc. is located.

http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...ll=1#post25930

So post #29 is here:

http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...ll=1#post21858

Now this is for EX3 and in the post I talk about some patches being different. In the wing, I think the changes between the EX2 and 3 are: bigger rear spar (from XCub); thicker leading edge skins and several of the inboard skins go completely around the bottom and top spar whereas the EX2 skins all stop short of wrapping around the bottom of the spar and the struts are different. So compare the ones in that post and compare to the EX2.

Check your Dropbox Cover manual as well for these locations. Not sure on the EX2 how those manual updates are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWJARED View Post
    Gentlemen,

First post to the forum. I have been searching for Embry’s post on Inspection cover locations, currently as it relates to the wings. Not quite found it, though I’m certain it’s reasonably close it hand. Help would be appreciated. If there is an updated file that would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Did you ever see an updated Wing Inspection drawing for the EX2?

Is there an updated reference in EX2 cover manuals or forum post for aileron outer cable teardrop patch locations. I know it's different from the post concerning the EX3, but I can't find it.
    Last edited by karaka29211; 03-15-2024 at 01:56 AM. Reason: More info