Hi All,

The engine is running like a bag of bolts when selected to the R side ignition system. Engine runs fine on L and seems OK on Both.

The problem is somewhat intermittent in that a flight in the morning displayed the problems and I couldn't fly whilst the (trouble shooting) flight in the afternoon was fine. A couple of weeks later same problem.

Aircraft is now with the maintenance provider looking for the problem/ solution. So far we've removed the cowls, checked the plugs, swapped the plugs, checked the coil harnesses, checked the coil wiring resistance, checked the timing sensors. Only issue found was that those crappy spade terminals on the coils were a bit lose. They were 'tightened' but the problem remains.

I should also say there is no engine monitor of any description fitted (yes I know).

We're going to change out the spade terminals for something more aviation appropriate but that is a long shot.

Can anyone tell me which coil controls which spark plugs by any chance as they're not marked at all...

Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,

James.