Today I completed the one week FX-3 course with TacAero at T82 in Fredericksburg, TX. My instructor was Kris. We had one down day (Wednesday) for weather (and I really needed it!) other than that great flying in various weather conditions. Kris was outstanding, the course was outstanding, the experience was outstanding, for my own safety and education this week was invaluable. The FX-3 is a "complex" aircraft (sts) with the constant speed prop, fuel injection, and flight characteristics. I consider this training mandatory for FX-3 owners, it is well worth the cost.

I am truly impressed with CubCrafters and the FX-3. The quality is outstanding, the flight characteristics were amazing. The flight controls were so easy to use and very effective. The constant speed prop is awesome, the 363i is impressive. I was fortunate to ask many many many questions and Kris was outstanding in educating me and reinforcing my decision. I learned a ton about things to look for, learn about performance and systems which is crucial to me as this is all required knowledge in my Air Force experience prior to touching the plane. I inquired about night flying and we got a flight in at night which was outstanding. The landing lights are actually sufficient in my opinion, taxi lights would help.

The plane is a dream to fly and land. I had heard a lot of negative things prior to this all which are untrue, properly trained the plane is an amazing aircraft to fly. I flew two FX-3's while here, a 2019, and "Specter" the 2020 model which actually handled so much better in many ways. I was able to go look at another FX-3 on the field with BRS as I'm getting, and another FX-3 with a similar paint scheme as I am considering, so a valuable week all around.

Thank you TacAero for this opportunity. You have made me a far safer pilot for when mine comes in having the required knowledge to operate and fly this aircraft safely. Build week starts Feb 8 for me so I'm looking forward to Yakima in a few weeks. I cannot speak more highly of Kris as the instructor, friendly, knowledgeable, super patient with my gazillion questions and overall outstanding. Tessa and Ian are also outstanding and it was great to meet them and fly with Ian today among 3 cubs doing a pseudo cross country with 3.5 hours and multiple airfields and a lunch stop in the middle of nowhere.

The FX-3 is awesome, no question about it!