Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

Default SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

A new SI for the CC11 just popped up SI0037. It appears to be a solid seat replacement for the existing aft sling seat, but only for the CC11 aircraft. There is no explanation for the SI and it is "optional and not required". Of interest there does not seem to be an SI for EX/FX aircraft that, I think, use the same aft seat.

Anyone have more details? Will new aircraft come with a solid seat?
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

Interesting. I didn't see anything on the weight (increase?) nor to redo a weight and balance.

It would be a nice option for the EX/FX series especially if you could tilt it forward to gain access to the baggage areas.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Just came out with SK-SI005 for CCK-1865 &-2000 series.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    It would be a nice option for the EX/FX series especially if you could tilt it forward to gain access to the baggage areas.
    I looked at SK-S1005. Based on a review of figure 7 I'd say the seat will tilt if moved all the way forwards but that will require removing and replacing the pip pins. If those pins are as awkward as the front seat pins I wouldn't want to do it very often.

Anyone seen a price for the kit (assuming there is one)?.

I saw those pins on the drawing, that's almost enough to make the install not worth the time and effort!
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

I saw those pins on the drawing, that's almost enough to make the install not worth the time and effort!
    And all up it has to be heavier than the cloth sling it replaces. Odd there is no W&B notation in the SI.

It's a nice option for those interested, but the CFO that rides in the back of our EX-2 has no complaints about the sling seat. Plus, when you need to get in the back, I would think it would be easier with the sling.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

It's a nice option for those interested, but the CFO that rides in the back of our EX-2 has no complaints about the sling seat. Plus, when you need to get in the back, I would think it would be easier with the sling.
    There were a series of mandatory SBs (SB00033 for CC11) to check the stitching on the sling seat in 2019.

Yup, sent my seat in, they fixed it, and now back to work.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I looked at SK-S1005. Based on a review of figure 7 I'd say the seat will tilt if moved all the way forwards but that will require removing and replacing the pip pins. If those pins are as awkward as the front seat pins I wouldn't want to do it very often.
    I'm wondering why the brackets shown in figure 6 are required. Without those brackets the seat is fixed in position far better than the sling seat it replaces. If those brackets were not fitted the seat could be rotated forward without removing the pins or changing the seat adjustment. The value of the brackets seems to be that the seat back would help to retain loose cargo and prevent it from moving forward and crushing the rear seat occupant against the seat belt. That risk seems no higher than for the sling seat and hopefully all cargo aft of the seat is properly secured.

Any comment from CubCrafters?
    Last edited by Andy; 10-21-2020 at 01:43 AM.