Thread: EGT during Take Off - Do they look normal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EGT during Take Off - Do they look normal

Hi Folks Ive got a 2013 CC SS and I was after some feedback on recent EGT data. (Bearing in mind https://www.savvyanalysis.com/articl...myths-debunked )

I had several instances of rough running after throttling back at circuit height in 12 months/100 hours -see other post this thread. So not often but annoying.

Just recently I completed SB-22 (Upgrade to perforated fuel nozzle) by swapping out the original AvStar for a Marvel 5-6200 (MA-4SPA). Thanks to great support from Tac Aero maintenance. The new combo is running good but early days. I was hoping the Forum brains trust could venture an opinion of the engine monitor data around EGT since I have installed the new Marvel carby.

Also attached is some cockpit video of when the engine data was generated - so you can see the actual engine monitor in HD video during the take off.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgIWXmU4e4&feature=youtu.be

(Observation from video - after several seconds at full power you can see that I reduce the throttle slightly from 2480 to 2440/2450 - 31 sec into the video. Cylinder head temps for 3 and 4 start rising at this point.
    I wonder if this is enough of a reduction in richness to get the mixture to a more optimum lean setting for Cyl's 3 and 4 ?)

EGT
    You can see that the EGT for cylinders for 3 and 4 rises but then does NOT increase in line with the increase in cylinders 1 and 2.

Question
    1. Does this look normal ?
    2. If not - what does it indicate (mixture too rich ?, uneven fuel distribution ?, something else, nothing !!)

Any insight welcomed.

Engine monitor graph TO.jpg
    Last edited by CharlesTym; 11-11-2020 at 07:30 PM.