Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tools for FX3

Default Re: Tools for FX3

Thanks for sharing. Some of the links are wrong such as for the spark plugs near the bottom, I didn't check them all. I'd also suggest adding a column with a price that you can summarize at the bottom to show the total cost of your toolkit. I may do this as well when the time comes for me and learning from you and others to help build mine.

The link to spark plugs is actually the duct tape. Sorry.

There is a column for price at the right. So far the total is $801.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to put together my Xcountry tool kit as well.

What I wrestle with, as do many of us, what to take tool wise.

Just an observation. I don't know about the FX3 but the EX2 is an electric airplane, specifically talking the instruments and ignition. I run two batteries, one for the main and one for a back up (both under the seat, ELT is up in the cargo). Your list does not take into account a battery or charging failure. I've already had a bad alternator which was replaced under warranty.

You mention a compressor, I assume this to be a 12V one, what if your battery is not worthy at the time you need to use it? I know those things can suck down a battery fairly quick. Why not carry a bicycle pump? Light, but more awkward, but will always work. Now if you have BW's, bring your lunch because those thing have tremendous volume.

Dan
    Last edited by aeroaddict; 11-08-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by Schwbo View Post

So far the total is $801.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I can only assume you don't have a collection of tools to pull an FX-3 kit from. The kit I put together for my fly-off and ferry home was all stuff I had on hand and had several of. The price you have is crazy. Take a trip to a Harbor Freight store. You can buy most of what you will ever need for under $100 if you shop the sales and, yes, the quality is quite adequate for field repairs.

E.g. - forget the Fluke meter and get a free one from Harbor Freight - more than adequate for any measurement you will ever want to make in the field.

Noticed this in my email today. I'd probably prefer to build my own but how close does this come to typical needs for a lightweight kit to fly with?

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ls12-03772.php