Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I would have thought these tail openings would be insignificant compared to the huge holes provided for trim movement of horizontal stab.

Isn't the likely solution to get the exhaust gas flow away from the fuselage? It's a while since I towed with Pawnees but I think there was an exhaust pipe extension that was intended to reduce cockpit CO levels. How does the exhaust outlet position compare between different CC models?

Your snow pictures are making me wonder what I'm missing. Only 1 landing and 2 takeoffs on skis and no reason to buy them living in Arizona.
I think the exhaust flow is pretty much confined to the under side. I have a Vetterman exhaust system, not the original CC style that has the breather plumbed into it. So I get some oil residue from the breather and it is all on the bottom. And the pod is probably changing the flow also. I wondering if the back side of the pod creates a little low pressure area and the two inspection covers there are some of my trouble? I had those taped this morning and removed that tape after my first stop.

When I take the skis off for the season I may remove the pod for a while and see what that changes.

Skis are the most fun you can have in a Cub IMO.