Thread: Help me choose a N-Number

Question Help me choose a N-Number

In the forever + 3 day wait for the FX3 build I had some fun reserving a few N-Numbers. I know this is a personal thing but I certainly welcome opinions and how you came up with yours.

N88NC - this is my current pick as it's short sweet and easy to say and remember. NC are my initials. 88 is really just a short number but ironically is my college graduation year

N521NC - May 2021 is when my FX3 is supposed to complete hence 521. Just a reminder as to the month/year as to when she was born.

N621NC - Backup to the above for a June completion

N42FX - lowest number I could find with a FX suffix

N107CC - one with a CC suffix for Carbon Cub of course

N810NC - I was thinking of a custom A-10 Flying Tigers paint scheme as that was my first squadron so 810 is the phonetic for "A-10"

Any opinions on what you like best?

Default Re: Help me choose a N-Number

What did you pick? I've reserved N221CR for my 2022 FX3. Least number of syllables available with Charlie Romeo ending. C and R are my initials.

Hey there, getting close on delivery???? Taken delivery?? (understand original post was September).

N number wise, I wanted something easy to remember, which of course is worthless as you will say the N number hundreds of times.

I went with N234EX (plane is a EX-2). Seemed cool at the time and it's not a big deal, but sometimes I can get a little tounge tied saying the 'echo xray'. Try saying that 100 times.

Depends are where you fly out of, most of the time I just call 'orange cub'.

I kinda like the 'FX' one.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

I went with N88NC as it has meaning but I do suggest of course saying the last 3 out loud (or in your head) multiple times as that's what you'll be saying on the radio the most. I wish I had just waited and went with my production number such as N123FX if available but I don't think it was when I went back and checked.

Delievery taken?? Pics?
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    Delievery taken?? Pics?
    Delivery Aug 10th, between 110 deg heat, smoke (IFR) conditions, crazy winds, a few things it had to go back to CC for, I left it at 4S2, CC picked it up and should return it this week. When I get her home, safely, I'll post pics. Until then mission is not complete I fly back to 4S2 next Monday, Oct 11th, fly a day or two to complete the fly off (TacAero did some of it after I left), then hopefully start the journey to VA on the 14th.

Excellent!!

P.S. it's been a bad fire season. Boundry fire here in ID is still burning (80k acres, 57% contained), almost took out Sulphur Creek and the Morgan Ranch.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL