Have any of you tried continuous high angle climbs, like 70mph indicated for long periods of time less than half fuel solo?

My usual routine would be climb hard and I found that after a minute or so in the climb the engine would not be quite as smooth so I just pulled the throttle a touch. That always fixed it. I figured it was just the modified carb set up on the 340 that was causing that. Pulling mixture did not help and just rose EGTs to a level that I would not except.

Yesterday I figured I would leave the throttle in and see what happened. Full rich and continuous climb I would start to see a slight decay in fuel flow from high 12's to low 12's and roughness would start. (Flying above 5000ft) Drop the noes a touch, it would stop, pull the throttle a touch it would stop. Level flight it would flow over 13gph and smooth the whole time.

Two people on board, full throttle smooth the entire time in the climb as I just cant get those really high climb angles.

I think it is a combination of two things, the carb does not like the high angle attitude as the float is not doing a proper job and with lower fuel in the wing, it cannot provide enough head pressure for the fuel demand. I did a flow test before first flight but I know I could never set the plane up as high as angle it can do solo. Who new it could climb so steep

Have anyone else tried this? Just wondering if I should be hunting for an underlying issue.

Thanks