Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EX3 Ignition Check/G3X

Default Re: EX3 Ignition Check/G3X

Quote Originally Posted by stautz View Post
    You are correct so I will check it out to see if they got reversed.
    Perhaps the emergency ignition switch was mounted upside-down. I don't know if that switch is indexed to the panel but the circuit breakers are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post

I did not have the IBBS battery in and without it, there is no power to the R side UNLESS you flip the emergency switch on. I battled with it and it was pure luck trying the emergency switch. We checked all the wiring and did find one out of place but that did not fix the issue I was having. I even consulted the factory and we did not get deep enough in it before Gord and I nailed it.
    What was the problem and how did you fix it? There MUST be power to right side ignition with emergency ignition Normal/Off for the ignition system to function correctly. Only a dead main battery, open IGN R breaker, or a wiring error would prevent IGN R being powered with emergency switch in the NORMAL/OFF position.

My RT IGN EMERGENCY switch LED is broken and I am trying to get it fixed to verify everything is working. It looks like the switch was backward (upsidedown) but won't know until I get the LED fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by stautz View Post
    My RT IGN EMERGENCY switch LED is broken and I am trying to get it fixed to verify everything is working. It looks like the switch was backward (upsidedown) but won't know until I get the LED fixed.
    I don't know if wire color codes are the same for the kits as for the FX-3 but this picture shows my emergency ignition switch which is the right way up and works as expected. This is a modular panel so switch position may not be the same as your. My switch group is emergency ignition and fuel pump, with provisions for pitot heat (not yet wired).

Emerg Ign and Fuel pump switch group.PNG

If the photo doesn't help it shouldn't be too hard to check for continuity between center pole contacts and upper and lower ""way" contacts to see which way should be up. The switch is 2 pole 2 way.

Just went through the long ignition test from the dropbox and everything works as expected. Thanks for all the help.