Thread: Capstrip nutplates/ jury strut

Default Capstrip nutplates/ jury strut

Could someone send me some photos of number 1 & 3 capstrip nutplates installation... especially the corner nutplates. The manual is just a little unclear on the location/orientation of those nutplates for each corner of tank cover (extended range tanks).
    also I recently saw some photos of the failure of the jury strut fitting on the forward spar... I believe it was on a carbon cub in the Lake Tahoe area. I have my first wing open and exposed and would like to address any possible failure points at this time. Please advise on details of that failure.
    thanks all,
    Dewey

Default Re: Capstrip nutplates/ jury strut

Post #10 Dewey. http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...mp-Hints/page6

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Could someone send me some photos of number 1 & 3 capstrip nutplates installation... especially the corner nutplates. The manual is just a little unclear on the location/orientation of those nutplates for each corner of tank cover (extended range tanks).
    also I recently saw some photos of the failure of the jury strut fitting on the forward spar... I believe it was on a carbon cub in the Lake Tahoe area. I have my first wing open and exposed and would like to address any possible failure points at this time. Please advise on details of that failure.
    thanks all,
    Dewey
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..