The timing of replacing the throttle cable was fortuitous for me as Tim, my mechanic, found the pin vice nut was lose and the throttle cable was subject to slipping out of the nut at any time leading to total loss of power. This was consistently checked at each 100 hr inspection and the previous inspection was only 3 months ago.

It is hard to imagine that something as small as that little nut was responsible for keeping me in the air! Gives me the shivers!

We sure like the new throttle cable assembly much better as it is far superior. I sure hope everybody has changed the throttle cable by now! CC, keep up the good work in solving issues before it becomes a life safety one!

Angel on my shoulder!

Geo

Throttle cable pine vice found lose at carburetor end, see pic in SB00012 page 3, should clean all parts and apply lock tite & reassemble to prevent losing of pine vise on throttle cable ends to prevent lose of carburetor control and lose of aircraft. SB00012 does not cover the torque of the pin vice body & barrel. Please check your pin vices located at each end of the throttle cable for security.

pine vice nut pic.jpg