• Poll Deleted

0 0%
  • Poll Deleted

0 0%

Thread: <Archive Thread> Building the EX3 - Tips & Hints

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Building the EX3 - Tips & Hints

For sure please jump in any time you have something to add to this thread. I'm just putting in here what I can to try and help others out with what limited knowledge I have and I for sure don't know the best way to do everything and appreciate any advice, tips or suggestions anyone has.

I had also thought about gluing the washers onto the metal bracket itself but I only put a "dot" of the super glue gel on the washer to just hold it long enough to get it installed. I figured that any abrasive force against it would pop it loose but just going onto the bracket is even better. I actually went back and used a razor knife edge and before torquing down the nuts, I popped the washers loose from the pulley.

The "sticky stuff" I always use is Fuel Lube or EZ Turn I guess is the new manufacturer. It's almost too sticky! I try regular grease for alot of things and then the Fuel Lube if it really needs to be sticky and Super Glue last. There have been times where I think super gluing it to my finger tip would work too!!! Will have to try that.

Thanks again and feel free to pitch in any other advice you have.

Quote Originally Posted by helios View Post
    I have been following your posts since the beginning. Very informative. At the beginning of my career in Alaska I did some rebuilding of super cubs, as much flying as I could afford, when I had money for gas. Been an AMT in airline industry for the last 30 years. Now that kids are grown I am looking forward to Cubs again, my first love of aviation. I hope to order my own kit in the not too distant future! I do go back and forth on which one, EX2 or EX3, maybe I should just flip a coin.

i hope I’m not stepping on any toes, im trying to be helpful, on your pulley installation I would rather see the washers glued to metal bracket so when pulleys move, the plastic will rub on metal washer not washer rubbing on metal bracket. If this seems petty, please remember most A&P’s myself included are anal about this stuff.

in the recent past, when we had a nut to install in a seemingly impossible location, we would superglue the nut to end of finger to get it started. Ouch! Now we use this stuff, it’s great! No more need for superglue, stick metal to metal, pretty much anything can be stuck together temporarily as long as parts are clean and not too cold. Works like a big chap stick. I have no idea who the company buys it from, but this is who makes it.

D711F653-2B1B-4DDA-B48D-B0D58216D6BD.jpg

Keep up the most excellent posts on your builds!
    Last edited by Daveembry; 01-27-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..