Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G3x horizon malfunctioned

Default Re: G3x horizon malfunctioned

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Paul View Post
    Hartzell props said the constant speed prop warranty doesn’t start till I fire up the engine, however, the prop has a shelf life - it needs servicing within 2 years of use. I’ll need to take it to a prop shop for inspection and grease servicing.
    The trailblazer prop requires servicing once a year but it's really easy to do. Make sure you use the same grease it was built with or it will have to be dismantled to purge the mixed greases. The grease type should be on a sticker on the hub. I keep one grease gun just for the propeller.

If you plan to do your own maintenance you should have the Hartzell manuals in your data library.

I have removed the original GSU 25C ADAHRS (010-01071-50) and installed a new 011-02929-55 ADAHRS. To improve success I also added a support tube connecting the fuselage frame tube above to the remote transponder rack like Troy's installation. This likewise stiffens the avionics tray that the remote transponder rack hangs on.

The pitch/roll offset test, magnetic interference test and the engine run-up vibration tests all passed. I expect my pitch attitude / horizon issues are resolved. The magnetometer had to be realigned also.

My support brace was made from 1/2" X .016 aluminum tubing connected to the fuselage tube with a non-cushion O'dell clamp. I couldn't close and line up a more difficult cushioned clamp because of the confined working space around wires. The LRU tray and the remote transponder rack is a lot stiffer now.

Attachment 13229

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmorrical; 05-10-2024 at 08:13 PM.
    Jim Morrical

Thanks for the report and the picture. I have my GTR 200 under the transponder so may consider adding a brace myself. There is some flex in my installation but no abnormal vibration.

Just an update after the -55 ADAHRS replacement and my 'TroyBranch Modification'. I've flown my EX (1) almost 30 hours now and the ADHARS has performed flawlessly.
    Last edited by jmorrical; 05-10-2024 at 08:24 PM.
    Jim Morrical