Thread: Installing Rib 2 and Rib 13 in the Wing Manual

Default Installing Rib 2 and Rib 13 in the Wing Manual

In section 8 Page 58 of the Wing Manual says "do not install Ribs 2 and 13 at this time".
    Subsequent pages talk about Drag Wires which pass through those ribs and photos and diagrams showing those ribs already in place.
    Can somebody please point to a manual reference when these ribs are actually installed?

Default Re: Installing Rib 2 and Rib 13 in the Wing Manual

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    In section 8 Page 58 of the Wing Manual says "do not install Ribs 2 and 13 at this time".
    Subsequent pages talk about Drag Wires which pass through those ribs and photos and diagrams showing those ribs already in place.
    Can somebody please point to a manual reference when these ribs are actually installed?
    Do you have the extended fuel tanks? Be sure you are using that manual if you do. They shipped me the standard manual when I had extended fuel. Also.... BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DROPBOX MANUALS AND NOT THE PRINTED ONES (without at least comparing them). There are many changes Mitch did to the manuals recently which are not reflected in the printed versions (and some pretty big wing changes). You should use this link to go to the links for dropbox (not any that Mitch originally sent you probably). If you use this link and then download the manuals, etc., you will be assure of getting the latest version with current changes. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umnw9kf8b...ZfztWOw8a?dl=0

If you have extended fuel, the rib #2 is not a full rib but will be a false rib installed later under/between the 2 fuel tanks. #13 is outside the drag wire area so don't worry. Just be sure and do ONLY what the manual says and WHEN it says to do it. Ignore anything else in the drawings that may show up during that step as they use generic schematics and photos that may show other things installed. Just follow the manual step by step and only do what it says to do and when it says to do it and you'll be OK.

Thanks for the tip, I have Standard Tanks and had not seen the Dropbox revisions. They seem to address several other questions I had identified. I shall install the rib# 2 before it's too late. I also note the preamble about diagrams that take precedence over the photos which seem contradictory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Do you have the extended fuel tanks? Be sure you are using that manual if you do. They shipped me the standard manual when I had extended fuel. Also.... BE SURE YOU ARE USING THE DROPBOX MANUALS AND NOT THE PRINTED ONES (without at least comparing them). There are many changes Mitch did to the manuals recently which are not reflected in the printed versions (and some pretty big wing changes). You should use this link to go to the links for dropbox (not any that Mitch originally sent you probably). If you use this link and then download the manuals, etc., you will be assure of getting the latest version with current changes. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umnw9kf8b...ZfztWOw8a?dl=0

If you have extended fuel, the rib #2 is not a full rib but will be a false rib installed later under/between the 2 fuel tanks. #13 is outside the drag wire area so don't worry. Just be sure and do ONLY what the manual says and WHEN it says to do it. Ignore anything else in the drawings that may show up during that step as they use generic schematics and photos that may show other things installed. Just follow the manual step by step and only do what it says to do and when it says to do it and you'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I have Standard Tanks and had not seen the Dropbox revisions. They seem to address several other questions I had identified. I shall install the rib# 2 before it's too late. I also note the preamble about diagrams that take precedence over the photos which seem contradictory.
    At that Dropbox link, in the index there you will see MANUAL UPDATES. This page Mitch has listed the revisions he did. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umnw9kf8b...al+Updates.pdf

In it, you can see what changes have been recently done to each manual to see if any updates. Yes.....if you see something different in a photo (like maybe it shows a washer somewhere that the drawing doesn't have listed), go by the drawing and not the photo. The drawings come directly from engineering so are the way its suppose to work. If you question it, ask Mitch to clarify for sure.