Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My EX2

Default Re: My EX2

Quote Originally Posted by Smiddo View Post

Getting closer to the end of painting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking great. Sure is a rewarding part if the build.

I have read some of the discussion on how to lay out the Carbon Cub swoop. So here is a time laps video of how I did it.
    https://youtu.be/NJdPbed8WJw

Greg,
    Thanks for posting the video!
    David

What is the meaning of the holes in each side of the boot cowl?

What is the meaning of the holes in each side of the boot cowl?

It is for the static port.

[QUOTE=TroyBranch;18195]It is for the static port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Well that thought had crossed my mind but I did not see anything in the manual or photos. And there is no hardware for it in the VFR Panel kit. Simply vents in the back of the gages. So after your comment I looked in the Executive Glass manual and I see the static ports. So now I guess I have two choices...order parts, remove boot cowl, install ports, or deal with two holes in my boot cowl. Frustrating.

Thanks Troy

[QUOTE=Smiddo;18196]
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post

Well that thought had crossed my mind but I did not see anything in the manual or photos. And there is no hardware for it in the VFR Panel kit. Simply vents in the back of the gages. So after your comment I looked in the Executive Glass manual and I see the static ports. So now I guess I have two choices...order parts, remove boot cowl, install ports, or deal with two holes in my boot cowl. Frustrating.

Thanks Troy
    So you don't have the G3X right? I wonder what others have done? (one guy put vinyl "bullet holes" across his cowl. He said it did it to camouflage the static port holes)

The G3X does have 1 static port on either side of the boot cowl, so if you don't have it.....I guess you are stuck with 2 holes. You could just get the port hardware from Mitch and install them and it would "look" fine. You install them from the inside anyway. Would just have to have the interior panels out and stick them in from the outside and put a nut on it on the inside. Would be easy and look fine.

Default My EX2

[QUOTE=Smiddo;18196]
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post

Thanks Troy
    You definitely want to plumb for the side static ports. If I was to do it again I would add the ports aft of the baggage. The location they have it has an error. About 5mph from what I have noticed. When I put them aft on my Superstol, the numbers were bag on.

Not sure why that would not be included in the basic VFR panel. Venting from under the panel just does not work.

[QUOTE=Daveembry;18197]

So you don't have the G3X right? I wonder what others have done? (one guy put vinyl "bullet holes" across his cowl. He said it did it to camouflage the static port holes)

The G3X does have 1 static port on either side of the boot cowl, so if you don't have it.....I guess you are stuck with 2 holes. You could just get the port hardware from Mitch and install them and it would "look" fine. You install them from the inside anyway. Would just have to have the interior panels out and stick them in from the outside and put a nut on it on the inside. Would be easy and look fine.
    Ya if I put the ports in I would plum them to the gages. Or build and paint a small cap and install with the panels out.

[QUOTE=TroyBranch;18198]

You definitely want to plumb for the side static ports. If I was to do it again I would add the ports aft of the baggage. The location they have it has an error. About 5mph from what I have noticed. When I put them aft on my Superstol, the numbers were bag on.

Not sure why that would not be included in the basic VFR panel. Venting from under the panel just does not work.

I agree venting under the panel is not the best but I would think it would not be off by any more than the 5 mph you are getting?